Made from a Silver Birch log which looks wonderfully natural to nesting birds and is extremely well insulated from the elements. Birch log nest boxes are heavy duty and require a good firm location to be attached to, but they look fabulous in any garden environment once set up.
Garden birds do seem to prefer the natural look of these log nest boxes; it's not usual for a breeding pair to be checking out these prime locations pretty quickly once they're discovered.
They make a fantastic gift for anyone interested in attracting breeding birds into their garden.
Please note; there are product variations due to the natural material utilised.
- Beautifully natural looking nest box
- Heavy duty
- Made from FSC certified timber
- Pleasant green roof
- Easy to hang bracket
- 32mm Hole Nest Box - ideal for Blue, Coal & Great Tits, House & Tree Sparrows, Nuthatch, Pied Flycatcher etc
- Open Nest Box - ideal for Robins, Wrens (if well hidden!), Pied Flycatcher and Blackbirds
- H -25cm, W - 18cm, D -14.5cm (dimensions vary)
These were bigger than I expected and very easy to hang. They are already being checked out by the blue tits even though I only put them up yesterday. The only mod I've made is to put a metal plate with matching size hole over the entrance to deter predatory birds pecking to increase the size to gain entrance.
The birch log nest box was a lot bigger than I expected, which was a nice surprise! Very reasonable price, attractive and sturdy. Also super quick delivery!